Wednesday 9 December 2015

Contextual Study Evaluation

When tasked with writing a contextual study, I came across many challenges. The first problem i came across was simply where to start once I had viewed all of the potential films to study and collected my research. Not being an expert on the American new wave alongside having no first-hand experience of the movement meant that everything I could write about the context would hence be from the perspective of my references. In order to add my own insight on the films context, I tried to relate psychological elements I had picked up during analysis of the films.

Things I did well:
thorough research
concise wording; to the point
detailed analyses


Things I could've done better:
More books/print sources
organisation of information: should've placed them into related sections.
organised the study chronologically to give a better understanding of the time period - despite this idea, I think that perhaps separating the study onto singular focus on the separate films was the better idea as it meant i could properly flesh out my thoughts and not have to keep swapping which film I talked about.
Should've started writing the study sooner as I ran out of time to add all of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment