Saturday 26 September 2015

New Wave - Video Planning

Location
St Editha's, Tamworth.
For the majority of my new wave video footage, I wanted to shoot areas of and around Tamworth, Staffordshire. Due to many recent occasions of travelling to Tamworth from Nuneaton to visit friends, I have become very familiar with a lot of its scenery. A few months prior to eventually shooting the film, I had taken various images of potential locations in the town where I could shoot footage. These can be seen bellow;
Potential locations scouted.



All of these images were taken around River Anker: of which runs through the centre of Tamworth. As per many of the new wave films I have recently viewed in preparation of creating my own, the use of none-staged/setup lighting i.e. lighting that's already a part of the location, was desired and so these locations seemed to be ideal. The yellow street lights
near Tamworth skate park, (whereby the majority of the film is based) reminded me of the unnerving, sickness-inducing cinematography in Denis Villeneuve's film Enemy.

The final video was intended to be an almost montage of shots showing a late-night exploration of a largely deserted Tamworth. To achieve a distortion of time thought id be useful to include a time-lapse shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment